Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It began with books




This article decribes about a director of Microsoft in Asia gave up his high salary work and devoted himself to be a volunteer . At first , I could not agree with his behaviors ,but afterI looking all the article , I thought what he had done was much more meaningful than sitting in the office all day.



He thought he could afford to get 500 or 1000 books and help give these kids an education , but there were too much people who could not get an full-blown education all over the world ;therefore; he built schools and bilingual schools . I have so much respect to him ,because most people will not quit their jobs especially high salary to do something meaningful without getting any rewards . In modern society, people are always looking for high status or high salary , and forget what they really want in origins ; eventually , they lose their life directions .


I ask myself will Ithings like JOHN WOOD ,and first of all , I need to have enough money like him , and everyone know it is very difficult for general . Although I will not have much money like his , there are still something I can do without using much money . I make myself a wish in the future to donate money every months if I can , and do some free-will works like visiting children in orphanage and so on .


Money is not the most important thing to help people ; instead , having a active mind is the first step to help others . No matter what you are , there is always something for you to do and JUST DO IT.

1 comment:

Greg McCann said...

Do I really look older than this guy?

Greg